[RESOLVED] Complete Guide on QuickBooks Audit Trail Turn Off
- Wilson Anderson
- Posted on
QuickBooks has many amazing tools and QuickBooks Audit Trail is one of them. The tool helps the user to keep a record of the transactions. It is used when the user loses their important documents or records due to some errors. This feature is very useful to keep a close record of changes in the data file.
If you are an active QuickBooks user then this article is for you. It will help you to learn different features regarding the software and also use them when needed. The user can also use it while facing some issues or problems. You would learn to use the QuickBooks Audit Trail and also how to change the settings.
Why Do You Need QuickBooks Audit Trail?
QuickBooks Audit Trail is mostly used by the users who want to get the authority of the transactions. It helps the users to easily access the data regarding the old and lost transactions or an easy overview. The tool also helps you to train the new interns while teaching them to use QuickBooks.
Enable the QuickBooks Audit Trail
The users who want to use the efficient tools and want a complete guide then read this article till the end. However, in this section, we will discuss the steps to turn on the QuickBooks Audit Trail.
- Select the choice “Edit Menu” and then hit the command Preferences.
- The above steps will lead you to a dialogue box that displays as Preferences.
- Change the Accounting Preferences which will show the changes you’re creating.
- On the left corner of the icon bar, choose the choice Accounting set of preferences.
- Click on the tab Company Preferences.
- Call QuickBooks and create awareness to use the Audit.
- Check the Audit Trail check box.
- Press on the choice OK and so decide QuickBooks exploitation tool Audit Trail.
- QuickBooks can facilitate a record of any changes that users create to the Accounting file.
How to Customize the QuickBooks Audit Trail?
QuickBooks Audit Trail provides many features related that help the user a user-friendly experience. However, the user can customize and change it accordingly. If you want to change the settings then follow the steps below, we will discuss the customization steps for all the possible features.
The Filters features can be used to search the transactions. There are many options available under the Filter feature like customer job, account, names, amount, etc.
If you want to remove the Filter from the feature, follow the steps:
- Go to the Options.
- Click on it.
- And then search for the “Remove Selected Filter.”
- Press the button to change the settings.
Fonts and Numbers
If you want to change the look of the Report then this feature will help you. To change the look:
- Choose the “Default report settings” button.
- Go to the Edit option.
- Then click on the Preferences.
- Hit the Reports and Graphs.
- Search for the Company References.
- And hit the Format button to end the process.
To alter the settings of the Display, you need to follow the given steps:
- First, head to the choice of Display.
- Under the choice, you’ll be able to get completely different buttons like date ranges, days entered, last changed filter etc.
- Type the entered date.
- On the right-hand facet, there’s a complete list of deleted transactions.
Learn How to Turn Off the Audit Trail in QuickBooks?
QuickBooks Audit Trail is very helpful to track the modifications, deletion, and transactions. The user increases the productivity of the software by turning off or deleting the Audit Trail in QuickBooks. If you are also someone who is looking for he same thing, then follow the steps below:
The first step is to open QuickBooks and opt for the command “File” within the top left-hand corner of the window.
Click on the choice “Utilities”, from the Computer menu.
After successfully attempting the steps, opt for the button “Condense dat” if you’re the user of some earlier version of QuickBooks 2000.
For the users of QuickBooks 2000, then choose the choice “Clean up Company information.”
Select the date ranges that you simply need to get rid of from the audit trail.
Now go to the check box and mark all the boxes on the 2 screens. Press the “Begin Cleanup” button on the screen to clear/ remove/ close up the Audit path in QuickBooks to complete the process.
ALSO VISIT:- QuickBooks Error code 61770
The above article was all about the QuickBooks Audit Trail and how to Turn off Audit Trail in QuickBooks. Hopefully, the steps and guide helped you to change the settings of the tools. If you still have some unsolved questions then we would recommend you to contact the support team of Intuit QuickBooks. To access the helpline number go to the official website of the software. If you liked the article then read the other QuickBooks related article on our website.